Google

Friday, February 1, 2008

And Then There Were Three...

We are experiencing a rare occasion in our home tonight...We only have ONE child!

Cameron went to church camp for the weekend. Jackson is at a sleep-over birthday party. Caeden is the lone child occupant of our home for one night - and mighty happy about that!

He had already planned the evening when I picked him up at school..."First I want McDonalds Happy Meal WITH a chocolate shake...then can you, me and Daddy play Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader AND The Amazing Race DVD games. Oh yeah - can we have popcorn too?"

The guilt washed over me...John and I had tried so hard to pawn him off on someone else tonight so we could be alone...until we realized he has an 8AM basketball game tomorrow.

Oh - to have a grown up Friday night...just one more time before I die...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good luck with that!

Joe Bruzzese said...

Thought you might enjoy this recent post, given your status as a sports mum: http://www.thinking-forward.com/2008/02/parenting-stude.html