Google

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah Palin's Choice

This blog is not a forum for politics but there is something that has been irking me ever since the revelation about Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter.

I applaud Palin's choice to support her daughter through this time - I would most certainly do the same thing.

What I don't applaud - in fact what I downright condemn - is her choice to accept the Vice-Presidental nomination at this critical time in her family's life.

How sad that she subject her very young, impressionable, and vulnerable children to this intense public glare and scrutiny. Any 17 year old girl who finds herself pregnant is already feeling ashamed and embarrassed, imagine having to share that shame with the world!

Sarah Palin has put her political aspirations before her family and subjected her daughter to the worst media barrage that will ever come out of this election.

For this, she should not be our vice-president - she should learn to be a mother first!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how dare you judge others you do not have any idea what that girl is feeling may-be she is happy to be getting married. politics does not suit you. are you allowed to vote? just wondering

SportsMum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SportsMum said...

Does it matter whether I can vote or not? I live here, I raise my children here, I teach them to love THEIR country because it has given us so much. And the one thing it has truly given us, that you can't find in many parts of the world, is freedom of speech. I just exercised mine...