Google

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The End of the Innocence


Yesterday, at precisely 3:35, Cameron became a high school freshman.

And also yesterday, around 7:00pm, the innocence of childhood ended with the Class of 2012 pool party!

Fortunately - there were only a few girls who came, but the one's that were here showed it off for all the boys to see!

What confuses me - and remember I'm the mother of three boys so I have NO concept of the girlworld - is how such incredibly nice little girls can turn into hoochie mamas when they put on bikinis! Could it be the belly button piercing? That's right - on a 13 year old girl!!!

Or maybe I'm just freaking out because my baby was loving every string bikini on their tiny little bodies...

2 comments:

KC said...

LOL LOL LOL
I was just wondering what the moms of boys thought about all these girls running around like they do.
Princess my 12 year old entering Jr High in the fall, was invited to the end of school pool party last thursday at a boy from her class house.. there were about 10 boys and 5 girls. Princess was the only girl NOT in a bikini showing off her belly. She thought that was awful and has been bugging me ever since about it(well the bugging started before the party when I told her no to the bikini)
when I went there to pick her up and saw what these 12 and 13 year old girls were wearing I couldn't get over it.. and I thought maybe that is because I have a 12 year old girl.. but it made me wonder what the mother of the boy who threw the party was thinking..

Anonymous said...

I am related to one of the girls in the photo, and am terribly offended by your comment calling her a "hoochie mama." She is no such thing. I can't make you take the photo off your blog, but I hope you got the parents' permission to post it, and if you didn't I suggest you get it. May I make a suggestion that you take the "hoochie mama" comment off before more parents see it.