Google

Monday, December 3, 2007

The New Job

John started his new job today.

You have to understand that I have held back from really letting myself believe this would happen until he actually set foot in the office and signed his first paper with our personal details for insurance, banking, 401K's.

We've not had much luck with jobs over the last five years, in fact, we even had a job with a signed contract that was canceled the day he quit his previous contract (and they couldn't take him back...)

So, he's officially in the office and filling out the mountain of paper work!

I had the first phone call at 10am - "what's your social security number..."

Second call at 10:20 - "what's Caeden's social security number..."

Third call at 10:30 - "what's the school district number..."

Fourth call at 12:10 - "going to lunch now..."

Fifth call at 2:55 - "they work 8:30 to 5:30 so I won't be home until around 7 - but the hours are flexible so I'm going to do 8 to 5 from now on..."

He's been home with me for five weeks...I guess it's withdrawal... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sportsmum, where have you been?
Can't help but wonder what's up with your family. Too busy with the holidays to write?? Hope you find some time to catch us up with your busy life. I'll be waiting!