Google

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The New Camera

I have a new camera...not just any old camera, it's the camera of my dreams. It's a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm zoom lens!

I have wanted a camera like this since the dinosaur days of 35mm film; back when I entered the advertising industry in the 1980's. I dreamed of taking beautiful C/U shots of my friends -- fashion shots, pensive shots, artful shots. I was in a creative industry, after all.

Once the boy's came along, I so wanted to take pictures of my beautiful children and put them in frames all over the house. Of course, these would need to be black and white pics, with the light and shadows falling away in classic film noir style.

Then came sports and the documentation of every game. Oh how I wish I'd had a decent camera to catch all the action -- the first soccer goal, the first time pitching, the first wrestling match, the first home run...I missed all these firsts for Cameron!

But now I have the real thing, due largely to the fact that I now have my own company and can write this off as a business expense!

I have learned the basics and couldn't wait to get out and start taking shots of the boys in action. Unfortunately, my desire to be a photographer and the reality of my skill are miles apart. Hopefully this will improve before baseball season!

No comments: