Google

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why Can't I Just Say NO!

As if having three boys in sports isn't busy enough, I am one of those people who has a variety of interests. Unfortunately - too many people know this and I end up being asked (or do I volunteer?!?!)to help with a number of different projects.
For instance - on top of having three boys in football this fall season, I am also the Campaign Manager for a local politician seeking election in November, the music leader for the kids program at our church on Wednesday's, a member of our church praise team, a Rotary club member, a delegate to our PTA Council government, a monthly book club devotee, and a Junior Achievement Board Member.
Several of these interests collided today from 3 to 8pm...
I left work early in order to drop off my guest list for the candle party I have scheduled at my home in October. I hurried home to take the cover off our pool, add shock and brush down the algae that had formed in the last week in preparation for the last weekend of swimming. Jackson got off the bus, I gave him a snack for five minutes and rushed him to his football pratice. Picked up Caeden at after-school and drove to our local Holiday Inn for my politician's weekly status meeting. Then straight to church to wolf down a Mexican themed dinner (actually really good!) and prep for 25 kids and my music ministry! I always find this part to be the funniest - I look forward to it the least but enjoy it the most! Perhaps it's because my mind is so fried by this point that I'm experiencing hallucinations...
Now I will back-track to yesterday to sum up my life. I had to go to the dentist. It seems that I clench my teeth so bad in my sleep I have actually exposed the roots on the right side of my mouth, my jaw is out of alignment and the muscles in my neck are so tight you could bounce a rock off them.
Children in Sports = Clenching Teeth
Church Activities = Exposed Roots
Political Activities = Jaw Re-alignment
PTA and School Stuff = Knotted Neck Muscles
Living Life to the Fullest = Priceless

No comments: