Google

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Danger of Political Rhetoric

This election has prompted me to consider starting another blog. The intensity of this political season has stirred up emotions in everyone I know.

Watching the news last night and seeing the rage at the McCain/Palin rallies has disturbed me on so many levels. I'm really concerned for the candidates safety!

The anger and intensity of the emotions is being fueled by the negative rhetoric of the candidates themselves. Someone needs to put the brakes on Sarah Palin's attack dog strategy before it veers into violence.

I have to applaud John McCain for trying to dispel the anger. Good for him in defending Obama as a person. Good for him in seeing the dangerous situation his running mate's speeches are creating. I was really impressed and touched when I saw him gently reprimand the woman who called Obama an Arab - that was CLASS!

And then there's Sarah. She fires up a crowd by telling them she's afraid of Obama and then IGNORES the comment from the crowd "KILL HIM". What is wrong with this woman? Is she so ambitious that she would put someone's life on the line to win an election?

God forbid something happens, but if it does, I hope people will remember her role and judge her accordingly.

If they don't - I think I'll move back to Canada...

No comments: