Google

Friday, November 16, 2007

Let The Snow Bowl Begin!

We woke up to snow this morning, all over our football field! Granted, it was only a skiff but it's got the boy's pretty jazzed about a Thanksgiving Day tournament.

The boy's seem to think it's only real football if it's played in the snow or mud, or likely both! You can see that our backyard is a natural playing field for this type of action.

I suppose we can find an affinity with miserable playing conditions based on the boys favorite football teams. Jackson likes to say that you're only a REAL Chicago Bears fan if the icicles are forming on your nose and your fingers turn black. Cameron is a Denver Broncos fan. What can get more wintry than playing football in the mountains? And Caeden? For some reason he decided to align himself with the Philadelphia Eagles! -- The toughest crowd in sports; they actually threw snowballs at Santa Claus!

As for John?! Well there is no hope for my husband, it's not about bad weather - it's about a BAD team. He's a lifelong St. Louis Rams fan...for his sake, I won't say anymore (expect they never should have got rid of Kurt Warner!)

What about me? Well, I base my football allegiance to whatever team has the quarterback with the cutest butt. For years it was Joe Montana and the 49ers. I then jumped on Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers bandwagon. (great snow team!)

But, I must be getting old (or I feel creepy liking the butts of players old enough to be my son!) I have now switched to the Indianapolis Colts, and not because of Peyton Manning's butt -- though I'm sure it's fine! I like them simply because Manning is the best and funniest athlete/actor I have ever seen.

So, they can have the snow...I'll stay inside, warm and cosy while Peyton Manning makes me laugh...

No comments: