Google

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Touchdown!

I realized as I began to write this that touchdown can actually have several meanings...a football touchdown, a plane touching down as it lands, the launch of a new idea. My post today relates to all three definitions.
The most important of these is the SportsMum brag moment...Caeden had a BIG touchdown in his football game yesterday...
I have not written very often about King Caeden. He is the youngest of my boys; frankly, he is the one with the most personality. You will not find a single person, especially teachers, who do not think that Caeden is the sweetest boy (and hardest worker) they have ever encountered. He never gives up or becomes frustrated in any task he tries. That includes football.
John and I have noticed that our youngest has been gifted with incredible speed. We're not sure how this happened, especially with John acquiring the nickname "turtle" while still in his teens, and me with my 5'2" (and shrinking daily) frame. But Caeden is FAST.
Yesterday, with his team down by I don't know how much, the coach decided to go deep. Caeden was wide receiver. His friend Nicky threw a BOMB (no kidding...no eight year old should ever throw like that...) Incredibly, Caeden caught it at midfield and took off. No one was catching the King - the most beautiful (and deserving) touchdown I have seen all year.
The second touchdown is the safe landing (by bus) of the 8th grade Washington field trip. Cameron arrived home at 9pm last evening. I asked him what was the most exciting part of the trip...I expected it to be the Washington Monument or the White House. For Cameron, it was the fact that his cell phone battery had completely died at 2pm that afternoon and yet he was still able to send texts! He's just a dumb boy...
The final touchdown - the launch of my friend Nik's charity blog. I have been working with Nik on an incredibly cool web concept for several months now. Phase one of this concept was the creation of a blog that would help introduce him and his idea for finding ways to help children's charities -- the Blog For Charity.
I have guest blogged a couple of times on subjects close to my heart - for obvious reasons, autism; and on our family experiences with cancer and cancer research.
The culmination of this blog will be the launch of the Puzzle Of Hope - hopefully by the end of the year. If all goes as planned - this could be one of the most successful online charity websites ever!
So we scored three touchdowns this weekend. I hope we'll have at least one conversion -- with the launch of the Puzzle of Hope.

No comments: