Google

Monday, October 8, 2007

Summer Part Two...


We have a very large and lovely swimming pool - one of the perks of moving from California and making oodles of money on our house! Problem is, having a pool is wonderful until you have to pay for it, maintain it,and close it for winter.
We chose this house with the large pool because we like to have people at our home and anticipated many parties throughout the year - not to mention all the boy's friends hanging out. What we also got with the deal was EVERY SINGLE TEAM POOL PARTY! I never hesitated to volunteer our home, again; it's the reason we bought this house; but it also became apparent through the years that it was costing us big bucks and lots of energy.
So, for various reasons, by this time of year I am very anxious to close things down, if only to save some bucks before the heating bills start. But the pool is still open...and it's the middle of October...and it's 90 degrees! Don't believe me?...take a look at my rusted thermometer!

Our pool expert (our church pastor who became a "pool expert" living in Texas and putting himself through seminary - I think it had something to do with water and baptisms!); told me this morning that it's good we haven't closed the pool in this heat...it's an algae thing...
It's a strange thing to want summer to end. But I guess I go against the grain of normal Americans...I came to hate living in California, where the weather is the same; Every...Single...Day!! The boys used to laugh at me when it would rain (once a year) and I would go outside and do the "Mommy Dance"!
I believe that seasons MUST change. It's God's way of moving us along in life - change is very, very good. But this year - it's still summer...in October!
I want rain...I want crisp nights...I want to turn my air-conditioner off!! But, above all else, I want to close my pool and start fall. It's time for a change...but do I have to give up the margaritas?!

No comments: