Google

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Not Over...

Cameron looked like he'd been kicked in the gut around 10:45 this morning. That's when the doctor told us that the new x-rays showed he had indeed fractured the growth plate in his wrist.
Good news(and I actually think the doctor was proud of himself for this decision...),he had been wearing a cast for the last two weeks so the fracture has already started to heal properly. Had he not done this, we would have been dealing with surgery in order to fix it!
Bad news - another three weeks in a much bigger (and waterproof!) cast.
Of course - he can still play football...
The waterproof cast has to be one of the greatest inventions ever! For an extra $25, he can shower and swim without fear. We didn't go this route two weeks ago because we thought he wasn't really injured!!! (Bad Mummy...)
I said that Cameron looked like he'd been kicked in the gut - I, on the other hand, wanted to go back to Parenting Class 101. I didn't believe he was really hurt, even after the cast. I thought they were just being overly cautious.
Had I been thinking about this blog at the time, I would have asked for a digital copy of the xrays to show the real deal. Plain as day - the section of bone on the front of his wrist; clearly weaker than the rest and in the process of healing.
I'm not sure if Cameron realized why I apologized to him for the next hour - but my mother guilt was overwhelming. I didn't believe my child was really hurt.
So - if I was I really guilty mother, I would be cooking a nice new york strip for him right now...
Not so guilty - he's getting tuna casserole...

No comments: