Google

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Homework and Aspergers Part Deux

We had math homework again tonight - this time for Jackson and Caeden.
The new deal is - John will continue with the 5th grade version (God be with them both!), but I have to handle the 3rd grade!
I had to believe I could handle that - until...the word problems! The minute I see sentences with numbers in the middle I immediately go into seizures. Last week it took me 20 minutes to figure out if Johnny had 20 cards and he gave Joey 4 then Sam gave him eight, how many did he have?
Tonight's gem? Jill baked cookies in the morning. (I can bake cookies but from here on out, I was lost...) Her brother ate 4 of the cookies. In the afternoon, Jill baked 24 more cookies. She now has 44 cookies. How many cookies did Jill bake in the morning?
Feel free to amuse yourself with this little riddle...
I will go back to being SportsMum and writing about the things I know for sure...3 Boys + 3 football practices + 2 hour time frame = Dinner at McDonalds!

No comments: