Google

Monday, January 12, 2009

Ugh - Snow and Sickness

This actually would have been a great weekend had it not been for Jackson being sicker than I have ever seen him!

We had a "snowstorm" Friday night and Saturday. It really wasn't much of a storm by Canadian standards - lots and lots of snow (about 12 inches)and Ohioans really don't know how to clear it away quickly. Or, as Canadian's would do, simply plow through it in their four-wheel drives.

We would have gone sledding except for Jackson's misery. Instead, Caeden invented a new game - "Professional SNOW Jumping"

So about Jackson...the sleepness night I spoke of earlier in the week became unbearable as the muscle spasms in his neck contracted to the point of excruciating pain in his ear and throat. We had xrays on Friday that showed his spinal cord in his neck pulled back as far as it could go from the muscle spasm. The doctor put him on an anti-inflammatory AND a muscle relaxant.

I don't know a great deal about meds as I truly hate taking them myself but I was horrified by the effect the muscle relaxant had on Jackson. He was a virtual zombie from Saturday morning until last night. I made the decision not to give him his second dose yesterday and he woke up this morning with (almost) his personality back. The neck is still a little funky (and he's still getting the anti-inflammatory) but I will NEVER give him the other pills again.

I will admit, he was still an absolute BEAR this morning but so is his mother when she's sick. Not so glad he inherited that trait from me...

3 comments:

Nannyk said...

Poor Jackson! He sounds miserable. I hope this is viral, and not something muscular. I feel for how exhausting you both must be!!

Nannyk said...

oops...exhausted...not exhausting :-)

KC said...

oh my goodness how scary about Jackson. I'm sorry..
as for the snow you are right it wasn't even alot of snow for Ohio for that matter.. but it seems this year they have done away with the crews they use to have to clear the roads Or at least they have where I live and it sucks.. They are not even salting anything but the main roads in town and it is taking them days to clear the snow off the side roads.. all in the name of saving money.. UGH.