Google

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sleepless Night with a 12 Year Old

I thought our sleepless nights with children were over after the toddler years.

Jackson has had persistent nosebleeds for the past several months. We received a cream from the doctor that we are to insert into the nostril twice a day but, having significant sensory issues related to texture and smell, this has not been a successful endeavor. He has either sneezed it out or developed a nosebleed after it's in. Now he simply refuses to let us give it to him at all.

So - he ran to the side of my bed at 1:00am with a nosebleed. It lasted over half an hour.

So I placed a humidifier in his room, thinking it could be the dryness of winter. He was up at 4:00am complaining about the noise. He went in my bed and I went in his.

Then he came into his room to find me at 6:00am saying he couldn't stand the pain. No, not from his nose. He's also been dealing with an incredibly stiff neck since Tuesday morning. Is it viral, wrestling, hockey? Who knows, but he is walking around like a human statue - refusing to move his upper body from its frozen position.

He went to school because he doesn't want to mess up his perfect attendance record but I expect a call around noon when the (doctor prescribed) 600mg of ibuprofen wears off.

Should I mention I am taking the same dosage to deal with the sleep deprived headache I have?

No comments: