Google

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blogging Life...The Good, Bad and Confusing!

I've had time lately to browse around and see what other people are doing with their blogs. What I see frustrates the you-know-what out of me.

While I completely enjoy writing and sharing pictures of my boys - and in essence, documenting their lives with my blog - I wish I could generate readers the way other blogs do.

Occasionally, I am actually able to share insights that could be of value to others - especially the anecdotes about Jackson and his challenges with Aspergers. If nothing else but to give others hope in living with an ASD child!

I've looked at so many SAHM blogs that have nothing more to say than - "I stayed home and baked cookies with my kids" - and they have thousands of views a day!

It's the technical side that boggles my mind - track-backs and links; Wordless Wednesday's, Tackle It Tuesday's; join a group...enter a contest...take our survey -- frankly - I can't even find a way to get my Google Ads to appear! How does one figure it all out?!

Someone could make a lot of money by offering a hands-on blog tutorial. And I mean, hands-on -- here in my office -- walking me through the maze.

Any takers?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about checking out Blogging 101?

Blogging Basics 101

That link goes to the "traffic" category. Look around the blog, ask questions. Hope that helps.

SportsMum said...

Thank you Melody! You've given me a beacon of light in my blogging tunnel!

Brandon Alford said...

I hear you. I don't get much traffic on my blog, but I'm not too concerned until I get some more content out there. I'll have to check out the above resources myself - not being a 'webbie' like some of my friends, some of the terminology I've heard them throw around is a little daunting.

AudreyO said...

You have a reader here in CA who stopped by tonight. I'm mom to two girls neither sports oriented at all. But I'm enjoying your blog :)

Joe Bruzzese said...

Here's a great resource that I refer to a lot: http://www.doshdosh.com/
Enjoy. There are hours of reading here.

Unknown said...

hey sportsmum

I like your blog its funny! I would love to maybe have a guest post on my blog for parents (I write a blog for parents from a teen perspective) please do email me if you are interested!
Vanessa

SportsMum said...

Vanessa -
I would certainly be interesting in posting but I don't know how to contact you as your profile is not activated.
Hope you see this message...
Sportsmum

Unknown said...

oh so sorry my email is vvanpetten at rrules.com

and my website:
http://www.VanessaVanPetten.com