Google

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Jersey

Jackson got a new football jersey for Christmas. Actually, he got it yesterday because Santa and the United States Postal Service had trouble communicating our address!

So Santa had to write a note explaining why the prized Devin Hester Chicago Bears #23 home jersey was not under the tree.

The USPS elf dropped the box in the middle of our garage floor sometime Thursday -- I only discovered it as I was leaving to go to the post office yesterday to find out where the heck it was!

I've written about Jackson's obsession with his jersey's before. He sees holes and threads, some imaginary, some created by the constant picking; his obsessiveness has relegated some jerseys to the closet, never to be worn again! (Not such a bad fate for the Troy Smith Ohio State jersey!)

Devin Hester arrived pristine in its package from the NFL Shop. He carefully put it over his head...and started examining the you-know-what out of it until...yep - there was actually a flaw on the sleeve!


I had visions of a major meltdown -- the wailing and tears -- the insistence on getting another jersey...

Instead I got - "You know, I'm getting okay with this..."

Christmas miracles...

2 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Now, it'd be different if it were a Brett Farve jersey, that has to be pristine!

SportsMum said...

I'm with you on that one sister! :))