Google

Monday, November 5, 2007

Going Through The Motions



Our baby turned nine yesterday. By all accounts the plans surrounding his birthday were a resounding success, but I have to admit that I was a terrific actress throughout the weekend. I am so frantically stressed about the job situation (or lack thereof..) that my body is literally falling apart.

For me, stress tends to show itself physically...The initial signs are quite obvious...constant headache that begins in the jaw area from clenching my teeth and permeates down into my neck etc...I've had this symptom for two weeks now. I know that it's moved to a different level when my heart starts racing uncontrollably and I have to take a deep breath in order not to pass out...I think that started happening on Friday.

This latest stress, I've moved to a whole new level of physical breakdown...my entire left side from my waist down to my toes has gone numb. Yes - the obvious thing would be to get to the doctor BUT, our insurance was cancelled the day John's contract was cancelled! Doctors aren't in the budget...

Onto happier thoughts...Caeden's birthday - somehow I managed to arrange for seven 8 and 9 year olds to come here for a sleepover and also managed to organize a VERY fun scavenger hunt on our street that culminated in a fire and s'mores galore! The biggest success by far was the fact that not one of the boys had to call their parents at 2 in the morning to go home! Even after all that sugar, we successfully exhausted them into deep, deep sleep.

No comments: