Google

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Season Has Begun!

Yesterday we had three football practices, at the same time, in three different locations. That is typical of this sporting life we have created in our family. "We" being The Rogers Family - Dad John, Mum Cynthia, and three sons, Cameron, Jackson and Caeden.
I guess I should have expected sports would become our life - I fell in love with my husband the day I met him; after he had quarterbacked his Sunday football team to victory!
I love testosterone...it oozes from every corner of our house. From the cleats, pads and helmets lying all over the floor of our mud-room;
to the bats, gloves and catching gear on the floor of the garage (notice the pattern of things on the floor?!)
Oh yeah - and my 50 year old husband's ice hockey goalie pads hanging from the bicycles in the shed!
I hope this blog will chronicle our sporting adventures, successes and many, many failures. If only to simply help me to find a release from the madness - I can vent and decompress through these writings!
Of course - it's also a way to talk about my children - the good, bad and the so very, very ugly! Like this morning (and this has absolutely nothing to do with sports...) Jackson has come down with a nasty cold. Jackson also has Asperger's Syndrome (more on that in future posts...) He was sniffling and coughing and generally an open faucet of yuck! He sneezed and I knew from the sound that it was ugly -- sure enough, there was oobleck all over his shorts and he didn't really care that he had five minutes to get out to the bus! As I gagged and choked over the sink, I spit out to him that he is just gross - WRONG! His cold is gross! Not my son!! I think he got it though - he actually let me comb his hair right after, without screaming for me to stop!
So tonight we only have two practices - one involving the oobleck oozing Jackson! Think he'll want to stay home for one night?!
yeah...right...

No comments: